Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Blogging

I think I'm going to start writing a blog. How cliche.

I've gone through a lot the past while and I hear my life story is rather interesting, so I think I'll share it here. I don't want to treat this as a boring journal, but most of what I'll write about is based on personal experience. My goal is to write my hilarious, tragic, and thinky observations about life - hopefully I kept that vague enough to write almost anything I want!

Here are some blogging ideas I have for the near future:

1. "Mono Lessons" - For those of you who don't know (somehow), I have had mono since June 2009. Anyway, for a majority of that time, I have been keeping a list of things I have learned while dealing with mono and because of having mono. The list is LONG (150 lessons so far), so I'll post it in increments. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll thank God you don't have mono.

2. School - My last two semesters of college have been unbelievably hard and miraculous. You'll read in awe.

3. Work - I quit my job... My last day is January 8, 2010. I have a LOT of stuff to say about wretched place we call HR.

4. Gay stuff - Again, for those of you that don't know, I'm gay. Yahoo. Anyway, I go through activist moments, so I will recall stuff from the past, write some new stuff, and most likely talk about a class I took last semester called Gender & Sexual Orientation from Dr. Lisa Diamond. (Best class I've ever taken, by the way.) I'll also share snippets of my "coming out" saga and any drama that still continues today.

I'm thinking I'll post a new blog once a week or so. These topics should keep me going for a few months. Always feel free to comment, ask questions, request topics, anything!

I look forward to freeing my mind all over you! Happy reading!

Jason

Those of you on
Facebook, "Follow" me at http://jasonhoggan.blogspot.com/.

5 comments:

  1. I'm very excited about this! I love reading other people's opinions and getting ideas of my own! Your idea to write about school has inspired me to write about my first days at a big university after going to a community college for 2 years. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog life! Since I gave in, I figured everyone else couldn't be too far behind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your thinky-ness (?). And, when you can, include pictures. Pictures are always fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. blogging is addicting and fun! :)
    visit mine too www.whateverpploves.blogspot.com and read the ones in english!
    get better
    happy new year

    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason, you are awesome. I treasure our friendship SO much. And though I am not a blogspotter myself, I look forward to following yours... thanks for being just exactly who you are!!!

    ReplyDelete