Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Because God Told Me So: Caffeine

I don't drink coffee...because God told me so.
I don't drink tea...because God told me so.

I drink Coke...Diet Coke...Mountain Dew...Red Bull, Amp, Monster, Rockstar, and 5 Hour Energy...because God didn't tell me I couldn't.

Caffeine content of all the above mentioned beverages:

Beverage Caffeine Content
(mg/oz)
Sugar Content
(g/oz)
Coke
2.9
3.38
Diet Coke
3.8
0 (aspartame...)
Mountain Dew
4.5
3.92
Red Bull
9.5
3.19
Amp
8.9 - 11.2
3.12 - 3.62
Monster
8.4 - 13.2
2.60 - 3.38
Rockstar
10 - 20.8
2.12 - 4.94
5 Hour Energy
69
0
Coffee
13.4
0
Decaf Coffee
0.7
0
Brewed, Iced
and Chai Tea
5.9
0
Green Tea
3.1
0


I don't avoid caffeine because God told me so.  I have a heart arrhythmia that is greatly aggravated by caffeine.  The arrhythmia is not life-threatening or anything like that, but it's annoying, to say the least.  So, I avoid caffeine.  I do enjoy tea, but it is usually herbal tea and therefore caffeine free.  I sometimes have green tea, but it appears its other positive effects outweigh its caffeine content for me.  Now coffee I just think is nasty.  Decaf or not, I'll pass.  I just think it's gross!

The sugar content statistics speak for themselves...

Those are MY reasons for following MY personal "word of wisdom".  Through trial and error, personal experience, and personal revelation, I have learned my body and mind do not like caffeine.

Those of you on Facebook, "Follow" me at http://jasonhoggan.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment